The Get Thrawn In Star Wars Rebels Campaign was started by us, the Star Wars Actors Guild 77 because:
- We like Grand Admiral Thrawn as a character and villain
- We like Star Wars Legends books, especially Heir To The Empire
- We watched Star Wars Rebels “Call to Action” and it dawned on us that Thrawn could be introduced to fight the Rebels
- A fan on our Sabine Wren accounts stated, “Well, Sabine would have a lot to talk about with Thrawn”
- Lastly, I started this campaign because I was being cyberharassed and bullied by the “Continue Legends Alliance” sociopaths who whined about Disney ruining Legends and forcing them to add back the ENTIRE catalog of Legends books. I refused to promote their spewing, frothing hate. I got a hate page to attack my Facebook and Twitter pages.
Here’s my proof of the bullying and there is more: https://swag77.com/2015/01/27/starwarsfansociopaths/
It killed my business, the Ariafya LLC and the Star Wars Actors Guild 77, and what my business stands for – reading the books, writing our stories and performing them on social media…
As an older Black female Star Wars fan who has had two fan tables at Star Wars Celebrations in 2012 and 2015, before Celebration, the attacks by “fans” were personal. Messages in my inbox and lies. And that is paltry compared to what these fools do to Star Wars fans who are women and diverse.
See, being a graduate of Spelman College in 1990 and have a Masters and Doctorate in molecular biology, with postdoctoral appointments and 5 published scientific articles in aging, diabetes and heart disease gives me real world experience with crafting a very complex idea and bringing it to fruition.
Moreover, working on Obamacare and creating an award winning health forum for diverse people in my city with funding from the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, also gives me real world experiences on how political campaigns work.
Because in my Freshman year in college I worked with Julian Bond campaign and marched against the Klu Klux Klan in Forsythe County Georgia to protest, — to assist in crafting Amnesty International’s stance against Apartheid in 1989, my REAL WORLD stories and experiences drove me to show these lunatic “fans” how to a villain character back into the canon of Star Wars through Disney. That is how GET THRAWN IN got started.
The premise is simple: Thrawn as a character is define as an “art lover” to defeat his opponents by analyzing their art. The brush strokes, the craft design, what tools were uses, materials, etc. Thrawn analyzes all of that.
Let’s take art from the “masters” – Monet, Van Gogh, Dali, and Jackson Pollack and let’s analyze it for fun. How would we defeat these people and the goal is to let Disney know our experiences. This part was called “Artful Thrawn”.
Then the wonderful book, Aftermath was released and at the very end, a character reminiscent of Thrawn spoke from listening to classical music. Let’s analyze classical music from the masters – Beethoven, Mozart, Holst and Stravinsky, and pretend we are like Thrawn and analyze it to defeat planets. The goals was to educate people about classical music and motifs that Star Wars uses. This part was called “Music Mondays” since the discussions took place on Mondays.
Concepts about Thrawn were discovered:
- Thrawn is a synthete. He has synesthesia. It may be a natural Chiss trait. He sees colors in music that aid him to dissect the distinct nuances of cultures for a tactical advantage.
- Thrawn knows Sabine Wren, in which he has knowledge of her artistic skill.
- Thrawn knows about the Death Star design flaw and tells Darth Vader about it.
I’ve had fun with the campaign, I never heard anything from Disney Lucasfilm. Then a rumor is released and it is as if everyone rediscovered Thrawn and gets away with being a fan after all the bullying I endured just to make this happen. And do not say lack of knowledge, promotion can only go so far. What I did was one small fan that got tired of the whining by evil “fans” that bully others on social media and create lies. That was my passion and now they must witness my will.
Help me out so I will not be so alone in this positive Star Wars fandom campaign.